Specially trained physical therapists provide back and spine rehabilitation, helping people who have had spine surgery, long-standing back pain and back injuries from sports, work or recreational activities.
Care may include stretching and strengthening exercises, postural training, McKenzie® Method, manual therapy and education to prevent further injury.
Conditions treated include:
- Disc injuries
- Muscle strains
- Pinched nerves (impingement)
- Spine surgery of neck and back
Benefits of back and spine rehabilitation include:
- Decreased pain
- Decreased risk of future injury
- Improved function
- Improved mobility
- Improved safety with daily tasks
- Return to recreational activities
Following an injury or surgery to your back or spine, rehabilitation can help you return to your everyday activities.